Note Veeva ePRO is only available to sites whose sponsors are using Veeva ePRO in Clinical Operations.
If you or your study sponsor notice or are informed of an error in ePRO or eClinRO data that you can’t update in SiteVault, your site can submit a data change request to Veeva. Only site administrators or site staff can request data changes from Veeva. Requests submitted by sponsor staff won’t be processed.
These requests must be for changes that you can’t make in SiteVault.
Managing Survey Data in SiteVault
You can update the following data in SiteVault without contacting Veeva:
- Participant ID: You can update the Participant ID associated with a patient. See Managing Study Participants in Study Connect for more information about managing study participants.
- Participant Event Datetimes: You can update Participant Event dates and times. See Managing Participant Event Dates and Times for more information about managing participant event dates and times.
- Survey Responses: You can access and update a completed survey in the following circumstances:
- A survey respondent indicates they made a mistake on a survey response.
- You review a site survey and identify a mistake has been made.
Requesting Survey Data Changes
To submit a survey data change request to Veeva for other data, complete the following steps:
- Download the Veeva ePRO Data Change Request Form.
- Complete the form. Only one change can be requested per form. The following fields are required unless noted that they can be left blank. Fields may be left blank if they are not applicable to the change you’re requesting.
|Enter your SiteVault username.
To locate your SiteVault username in SiteVault eRegulatory or Study Connect, select the account icon in the upper-right corner. Select User Profile from the drop-down menu. Your user name is displayed on the left side of the page.
|Enter the study identifier as it appears in SiteVault.
To locate the Study Identifier in SiteVault eRegulatory or Study Connect, complete the following steps:
|Universal Site Number (USN)
|Enter your site’s Universal Site Number (USN) as it appears in SiteVault.
To locate your Universal Site Number, complete the following steps:
|Enter the Participant ID of the affected participant as it appears in SiteVault and your survey exports.
To locate the Participant ID, complete the following steps:
|Event Name (If Applicable)
|Enter the event name of the affected participant event as it appears in SiteVault and your survey exports. If you aren’t changing any data related to a participant event, leave this field blank.
To locate the Event Name, export Survey or Adherence Data and look beneath the Event Name column. See Exporting Survey, Adherence, and Audit Trail Data in Study Connect Help for more information.
|Survey Unique ID (If Applicable)
|Enter the survey unique ID for the affected survey as it appears in your survey exports. If you aren’t changing any data related to a survey, leave this field blank.
To locate the survey unique ID, export Survey Data or Adherence Data and look beneath the Survey Unique ID column. See Exporting Survey, Adherence, and Audit Trail Data in Study Connect Help for more information.
|Question Unique ID (If Applicable)
|Enter the question unique ID for the affected question as it appears in your survey exports. If you aren’t changing any data related to a question, leave this field blank.
To find the question unique ID, export Survey Data and look beneath the Question Unique ID column. See Exporting Survey, Adherence, and Audit Trail Data in Study Connect Help for more information.
|Enter the incorrect value that requires a data change exactly as it appears in SiteVault or your survey exports. Note: If you are requesting the transcription of data, please attach the survey to the form with PII removed or obfuscated.
|Enter the correct value that the data should reflect.
|Reason for Change
|Enter the reason for the change.
- Print the form, and have the study’s principal investigator or their designated representative sign it. It is your responsibility to store the signed paper form.
- Email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a title of ePRO Data Change Request. We’ll review your request and, if approved, process the change in our system. If we have questions, we will contact you through email. Notes:
- You can send multiple requests in the same email if it is more convenient. Each change request needs its own signed form.
- Veeva will attempt to complete data changes within 20 business days. If the request is urgent and you need it to be completed sooner than 20 business days, please communicate a requested timeline and reason in your email.
- Veeva’s turnaround time begins when we receive the request from you and ends when we send evidence of the change back to you for confirmation. The turnaround time may vary depending on how many changes you request, how urgent they are, and the amount of time required for support to triage the request.
- After we process the data change, we’ll send you a confirmation email.
- View the audit trail entries we provide you, and export the survey data from SiteVault to verify that the change is correct. The exported data includes the updated data and an entry for the data change. See Exporting Survey, Adherence, and Audit Trail Data in Study Connect Help for more information.
- If the change is correct, respond to the email to confirm it. If we don’t receive confirmation after three follow-up attempts, we’ll close the ticket.