Learn how to countersign eConsent forms in Study Connect.
Note Veeva eConsent may be provided by your sponsor for use on a Connected Study or enabled for your SiteVault account as a paid add-on to use across all studies. Contact the Site Success Team to learn more.
Countersigning eConsent Forms
After the participant and any additional signatories sign and submit the eConsent form in MyVeeva for Patients, the signed form is uploaded to SiteVault and routed for eSignature (countersignature) to the site user who sent the document. The user receives an email notification when the eConsent form is ready for countersignature.
Complete the following steps to complete the countersignature task and make the eConsent Current:
- In Study Connect, select eConsent in the left menu.
- Select the Consent Forms tab.
- On the Signed Forms page, locate the signed form and select the Send for eSignature icon (). The document viewer opens in a new window.
- Select Complete in the task bar.
- Select the appropriate verdict and role.
- Enter your SiteVault credentials and select Complete.
Once the signatories sign and submit the eConsent form, we recommend completing the countersignature task as soon as possible. When the site user countersigns the form, the .PDF files in SiteVault and MyVeeva for Patients are updated to include the electronic countersignature on the last page.