On This Page
- Overview of Products
- Viewing Products
- Creating Products
- Managing the Product Lifecycle
- Adding Products to Studies
- Deleting Products
Overview of Products
Products are records of investigational products such as medical devices, drugs, or other intellectual property that can be used on one or more studies. The Product record can be at the level of your research organization or specific to your site.
To view a product, navigate to the Profiles > Products tab and select the product from the list.
When you create a product record, you can choose whether the record should apply to all sites in your research organization or only to one specific site.
Complete the following steps to create a Product record:
- In the Profiles > Products tab, select Create. The Create Product dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the name of the product.
- If you want to allow the record to be used by all sites in your research organization, select the All [Research Organization Name] Sites option; if you want to limit the record to only the currently selected site, select the Only my current Site [Site Name] option.
- Select Save.
If you need to edit a product, open the Product record page and select Edit.
Managing the Product Lifecycle
The following diagram illustrates the sequences of stages that a Product record can go through during its life:
To change the state of a Product record, select the appropriate action from the Workflow Actions menu on the record.
Adding Products to Studies
See the Managing Studies page for more information on studies and how to add a product to a study.
To delete a Product record, select Delete from the All Actions menu on the Product record detail page.