On This Page
Overview of Products
Products are records of investigational products such as medical devices, drugs, or other intellectual property that can be used on one or more studies. The product record can be at the level of your research organization or specific to your site.
The following diagram illustrates the sequences of stages that a product record can go through during its life:
To view a product, navigate to the Profiles > Products tab and select the product from the list.
When you create a product record, you can choose whether the record should apply to all sites in your research organization or only to one specific site.
Complete the following steps to create a product or add an existing product to your study:
- In the Studies tab, open the study to which you want to add a product.
- Expand the Products (IP, Devices, Etc.) section and select Create.
- If you want to add an existing product to the study, search for and select the product in the Product field.
If you want to create a new product, complete the following steps:
- Select into the Product field and select Create Product. Alternatively, select the More Search Options button (the binoculars button) and select Create in the dialog box. The Create Product dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the name of the product.
- If you want to allow the record to be used by all sites in your research organization, select the All [Research Organization Name] Sites option; if you want to limit the record to only the currently selected site, select the Only my current Site [Site Name] option.
- Select Save. SiteVault closes the dialog box and returns you to the product record page. In the Product Role field, select a role for the product.
- Select Save.
If you need to edit a product, open the product record page and select Edit.
To delete an product record, select Delete from the record’s Actions menu in the list view of products or on the product record detail page.