On This Page
Complete the following steps to create a new user or add an existing Vault user to SiteVault:
- Navigate to the Profiles > Users tab and select Create. The Create User page is displayed.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to add, then select Check Email. SiteVault checks whether the email account is associated with an existing Veeva Vault user account and prompts you to complete one of the following actions:
- Vault User Account Exists: A green checkmark is displayed if only one existing Vault user account is found. Continue to the System Access & Permissions step below. (If you don’t want to add the user to your site using the existing user account, select Click Here.)
- Multiple Vault User Accounts Exist: SiteVault displays an orange exclamation point if multiple user accounts are found along with the user accounts. Select the appropriate user account (contact the person if you are unsure which user account to select). Continue to the System Access & Permissions step below. (If you don’t want to add the user to your site using the existing user account, select Click Here.)
- Vault User Account Does Not Exist: Enter the user’s first and last name and a user name, then continue to the System Access & Permissions step below.
- In the System Access & Permissions section, select a system role. If the user might need regulatory-type access at any point, we recommend that you select Regulatory as their user type. You cannot update a user’s type after you create them. Contact SiteVault Support if you need to update a user’s type.
- If you selected Study Team or Regulatory as a user type, select whether the user is qualified to be an investigator.
- Select Save.
Viewing and Editing User Information
You can view users for your site in the Profiles > Users tab. To view a single user’s information and active study assignments (if available), select the user from the list to open the user record. To edit user details, select Edit.
Inactivating a User
A user is automatically added to your site in an Active status when you create or add a user. If you need to inactivate a user, navigate to the user’s record page and select Change State to Inactive from the Actions menu. The user is updated to an Inactive status at this site only and will remain in an Active status at other sites to which they have access.