Learn how to grant a monitor access to your site, studies, and documents.
Granting Access to SiteVault
Follow the steps for Creating Users to grant a monitor, CRA, or auditor access to SiteVault and the needed studies. Once added to a study, the external user can view and complete remote monitoring on documents that are in the approved or steady state.
Granting Access to Documents
After being granted access to the site and study, only documents that are in their steady state (major version documents such as 1.0 or 2.0) can be viewed by the external user. See the following help pages for more information on moving documents to their steady states:
Updating a Monitor or External User’s Study Assignment Status/Dates
Complete the following steps to update an existing Monitor or External User’s Study Assignment status:
- Ensure that the applicable site is selected in the Vault Selector
- From the Administration > Monitors & External User tab, open the record of the user you want to update
- In the Study Assignments section, locate the appropriate Site/Study record.
- In the Assignment Status column, adjust the status, if needed.
- In the Scheduled Access Start or Scheduled Access End columns, double-click and update the dates, if needed.
Adding a Monitor or External User to an Additional Study
Complete the following steps to add an existing Monitor or External User to an additional study:
- Access the study.
- Expand the Monitor & Auditor Assignment section.
- Complete the Study Role field.
- Select the appropriate user from the User field.
- Update the Scheduled Access Start or End Dates, if needed.
- Select Save to complete the process.