Training workflows enable you to send one or more study documents to study team members for training. Each recipient must confirm they have read and understood each document.
The following prerequisites must be met before you can send documents to study team members for training:
- The document must be a Training Material document type or use the Draft to Final document lifecycle. See the Can Send for Training or Read and Understood column of the Document Types Reference Spreadsheet for more information on which documents are available for the training workflow.
- The document must be in its steady state (for example, Final or Current).
- The study team members must be assigned to the applicable study.
Initiating a Training (Read and Understand) Workflow
Complete the following steps to initiate a training workflow:
- Add to your cart the document or documents that you want to send.
- From the actions menu in your cart, select Start Document Workflow.
- Select Send for Read and Understood or Send for Training, then select Continue.
- In the dialog box, enter a description, recipients, and a due date for the task.
- Select Start. SiteVault sends the study team members a notification to complete the task.
Sending Training Documents in Bulk
Completing a Read and Understood Task
As a recipient of a read and understood task, you must confirm you have read and understood each of the included documents. Complete the following steps to complete a task:
- From the My Tasks view in the Home tab, select the task. Any documents that are included in the task are opened in the multi-document viewer.
- View a document by selecting it from among the list of included documents. When you’re finished reviewing the document, select the Document task link for that document.
- Select the verdict to confirm that you have read and understood this document, then select Save.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each included document. When you’re finished, select Complete on the task, then select Complete in the dialog box.
Completing a Training Envelope
Viewing the Training Status of a Document
To view the training status of a document, select Run Training Report from the document’s All Actions menu (). The report can be exported as a .PDF for sharing with sponsors or CROs. Alternatively, view the Timeline View of the document. If you’re working on a connected study, see the Sending Training Documents topic to learn how to send training documents directly to a sponsor or CRO from SiteVault.
Exporting a Training Report
- You can send a single document without adding it to the cart – just use the document’s All Actions menu.
- The R&U Status field in the document metadata indicates whether a document has been circulated for a read and understand task (or whether it is currently in circulation).
- The R&U Date Sent field in the document metadata indicates on what date a document was sent for a read and understand task.