On This Page
- Initiating a Training (or Read and Understand) Workflow
- Completing a Read and Understood Task
- Viewing the Training Status of a Document
- Additional Information
Training workflows enable you to send one or more study documents to a selection of study team members. Each recipient must confirm they have read and understood each document.
Initiating a Training (or Read and Understand) Workflow
Complete the following steps to initiate a training workflow:
- Add to your Cart the document or documents that you want to send.
- To be sent for Read and Understood, the included documents must be a Training Material document type or use the Draft to Final lifecycle (see the Lifecycle column on the SiteVault Document Types reference spreadsheet.
- The included documents must be in their steady state (Final or Current).
- From the Actions menu in your cart, select Start Multi-Document Workflow.
- Select Send for Read and Understood or Send for Training, then select Continue.
- In the Start Multi-Document Workflow dialog box, enter a description, recipients, and a due date for the task. A person must be added to the appropriate study to be selectable in the Recipients field.
- Select Start.
Completing a Read and Understood Task
As a recipient of a read and understand task, you must confirm you have read and understood each of the included documents. Complete the following steps to complete a task:
- From the My Tasks view in the Home tab, select the task. Any documents that are included in the task are opened in the multi-document viewer.
- View a document by selecting it from among the list of included documents. When you are finished reviewing the document, select the document task link for that document.
- Select the verdict to confirm that you have read and understood this document, then select Save.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each included document. When you are finished, select Complete on the task bar, then select Complete in the dialog box.
Viewing the Training Status of a Document
To view the training status of a document, select Run Training Report from the document’s Actions menu. The report can be exported as .PDF for sharing with sponsors or CROs. Alternatively, view the timeline view of the document.
- You can send a single document without adding it to the cart – just use the document’s Actions menu.
- The R&U Status field in the document metadata indicates whether a document has been circulated for a read and understand task (or whether it is currently in circulation).
- The R&U Date Sent field in the document metadata indicates on what date a document was sent for a read and understand task.