Note The electronic signature in SiteVault is nonbiometric and requires the application of two distinct components (a user ID and password) and is compliant with the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) 21 CFR Part 11 section §11.200 requirement of electronic signatures that are not based upon biometrics.
Sending Documents for eSignatures
Complete the following steps to send a document for an eSignature:
- Select Send for eSignature from the Workflow Actions menu of the document. The following document types allow eSignature workflow:
- 1572 or Equivalent
- Acceptance of IB
- Delegation of Authority
- Financial Disclosure Form
- Protocol Signature Page
- In the Approver(s) field, select the person you want to review the document.
- Select an approval due date.
- Select Start to begin the eSignature workflow.
If you or another person at your site sends you a document to sign electronically, you’ll receive a notification in SiteVault and by email to complete the task.
Complete the following steps to complete the task and electronically sign the document:
- Navigate to and open the document that requires your signature. You can access it by selecting the link in the email or from the My Tasks view in the Home tab of SiteVault.
- Select Complete on the task.
- Enter required and any optional information in the dialog box, then select Complete.
Viewing eSignatures on Documents
You can view an eSignature on a document from the Information panel while viewing a document. Complete the following steps to view an eSignature:
- Navigate to and open the document.
- If necessary, expand the Information panel.
- In the Signatures [Number] section, you’ll see the eSignatures on the document. Additionally, you can select the Signature Page link to view the signature page in a new tab of the browser window.